NBEC 1816 is an MLW RS-18. It was built by MLW in July 1958 as CP 8799, and rebuilt in 1983 and renumbered to CP 1816. It was sold to the Quebec Gatineau Railway in November 1997, and purchased by the NBEC in February 1999. It arrived in Campbellton December 24, 1999.
After NBEC was sold to CN, the RS-18s were eventually retired. NBEC 1816 was sold to J and L Contracting and was cut up for scrap in the summer of 2009.
NBEC 1816 at the Ultramar facility in Miramichi, August 7, 2005.
NBEC 1854 and 1816 at the port of Miramichi, July 18, 2006.
JLCX 1816 before being scrapped in July 2009. Photo by Ken Lanovich.
More photos of this engine can be found: