NB East Coast Railway NBEC 1845

NBEC 1845 is an MLW RS-18 purchased from Canadian Pacific in April 1998. It was built by MLW in June 1957 as CP 8747, and rebuilt in 1987 and renumbered to CP 1845.

After the New Brunswick East Coast Railway was acquired by CN, 1845 was kept as the shop switcher in Campbellton. It was shut down for the last time on May 6, 2010 and was shipped to Montreal for resale.

In November 2010 it was reported that ex-NBEC 1845 was sold to the Adirondack Scenic Railroad, along with NBEC 1835.NBEC 1845 and 1814, Miramichi, 2003/12/03NBEC 1845 and NBEC 1814 in the yard at Miramichi, 2003/12/03.


NBEC 1845 in the Campbellton yard, 2009/05/04.

NBEC Roster | Home