UPM-Kymmene owned a mill in Miramichi that produced coated paper. It was formerly known as the Repap mill.
It had several internal tracks that threaded through the plant, and a small yard outside the plant that connected to the New Brunswick East Coast (now CN) main line.
UPM-Kymmene owned one locomotive, #711. It was built by GMD in June 1960 as an SW1200RS for CN as #1376. It was acquired by Repap in November 1991.
In July 2002 UPM-Kymmene borrowed CANX 1303 (another SW1200) while 711 was out for repairs. 1303 arrived in Campbellton July 14 on its way to Miramichi. 711 was returned on September 5.
In April 2005 711 was shipped out during UPM’s shutdown.
In early 2006 UPM-Kymmene decided to dispose of its switcher and contract with the New Brunswick East Coast Railway to do its in-plant switching. UPM 711 was sent away in April 2006. It was spotted in Mont-Joli, Quebec in May 2006 and may still be there.