On May 20, 1918 the federal government made provision to acquire the Elgin Petitcodiac and Havelock for $30,000 to be absorbed into the Canadian Government Railways system. Subsequently the CGR was absorbed by the Canadian National Railway.
CN’s Car Control Manual from October 1983 shows two customers at the end of the Havelock Subdivision, the Havelock Lime Company and the Canada Cement Company.
On December 29, 1992, CN applied to abandon the Havelock Subdivision. The application was approved and CN was ordered to abandon the operation of the subdivision via Order No. 1993-R-105 on April 13, 1993.