I am always happy to receive questions about trains, grain elevators, photography and so forth. You can contact me here.
There are some questions that keep coming up, and this page will list the most common ones with answers. If you still have questions, get in touch!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I find a freight train schedule? (or: How do I know when a train is coming?)
- Why do trains have multiple engines? (or: Why do some trains have an engine in the middle?)
- Can trains run backwards?
- What is a unit train?
- Why are locomotives left idling?
- What products are transported by train?
- Why do railroads share locomotives?
- Why do trains derail?
- What are hump yards?
- What is a reporting mark?
- What train did my ancestor take when they arrived in Canada?