The Prince Edward Island Railway was a railroad that spanned the province of Prince Edward Island. The main line ran from Tignish at the northwest end through the centre of the province. Branches went northeast to Souris, east to Montague and Georgetown, and southeast to Murray Harbor. There was a branch south from Emerald Junction to Cape Traverse where they met ships, but there was no rail car ferry at this time.
The Prince Edward Island Railway was incorporated into the Canadian Government Railways in 1915, which became part of the Canadian National Railways.