The Fredericton and Grand Lake Coal and Railway Company (F&GLC&R) was chartered on March 26, 1910 to build a railroad from Minto to Gibson (South Devon, near Fredericton). This was to complete the link between the New Brunswick Coal and Railway Company and Fredericton.
The line was built between 1912 and 1913.
On November 4, 1914 the F&GLC&R was leased to the Canadian Pacific Railway for 999 years, together with the New Brunswick Coal & Railway Company. On December 28, 1955 the F&GLC&R was purchased by the CPR and the lease cancelled.