The town of Aroostook, New Brunswick was once a busy railway junction. The CP Shogomoc subdivision ran from McAdam to Aroostook, and met the CP Edmundston subdivision that continued north. There was also a junction with the CP Aroostook subdivision that went west into the US to Presque Isle, Maine where it met the Aroostook Valley Railroad.
The train station itself was built around 1906. When the railway was removed in the early 1990s, the station became dormant and has not been preserved. It is protected from demolition under the Heritage Railway Stations Protection Act, but it has not been maintained.
Back to New Brunswick train stations