The library in Arborg, Manitoba is housed in a former Canadian Pacific Railway train station.
The Arborg train station was built in 1910 or 1911. The station was closed in the early 1970s and the town bought the station from the CPR in 1973 for 50 cents.
A new foundation was constructed and the station was turned 180 degrees. Originally the ground floor contained the local fire department and the library was in the second floor. In 1982 the library expanded to the entire building.
Back to Manitoba train stations