This is a list of CN car control manuals I have scanned copies of. Car control manuals were used by CN to show their crews where to “spot” (place) or pick up freight cars. Each industry and siding in an area was assigned a location name and the manuals include maps of each area. If you wish to contribute all or portions of scanned car control manuals, please contact me here.
- 1983/10 Car Control Manual, N.B. (Moncton, Saint John, Havelock, Sussex, Oromocto, Nashwaak and Centreville Subdivisions)
- 1985/01 Car Control Manual Edmundston, N.B. (Monk, Napadogan and Temiscouata Subdivisions) (only Napadogan sub scanned)
- 1988/08 Car Control Manual, N.S. (Cape Breton) (PDF, 4.8 MB)
- 1988/08 Car Control Manual, N.S. (Springhill, Point Du Chene and Tormentine Subdivisions) (PDF, 6.4 MB)
- 1988/08 Car Control Manual, N.S. (Truro Terminal – Stellarton, Bedford, Hopewell and Oxford Subdivisions) (PDF, 9.3 MB)
- 1991 CN Gordon Yard operating manual (external link to Flickr)